|WITNESS CARE OFFICER|
A Witness Care Officer works as part of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Witness Care Unit in support of victims and witnesses of crime, providing a single point of contact and offering information and support.
A witness care officers role is to help you in any way they can.
They will also:
• make arrangements for your travel/hotel requirements
• make arrangements for any special measures you may need
• ensure the court Witness Service has the information they need to support you
• ensure you receive your witness statement and exhibits
• keep you informed of any changes in the time or date that you are needed at court
• provide you with an expense claim form and a feedback form
• inform you of the result of the case